Ukrainian MPs carry on their legislative work at the session hall of parliament and in committees of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in compliance with the quarantine requirements introduced to check the spread of coronavirus disease COVID-19.
Over the plenary week elapsed, i.e. May 18-22, the parliament has adopted the following pieces of legislation:
4 Laws of Ukraine
- On the ratification of the Council of Europe Convention on Access to Official Documents” (the bill No.0032);
11 First-Reading Bills
- Draft law No.3398 “On amendments to Section X ‘Transitional and Final Provisions’ of the Law of Ukraine ‘About the state control over law compliance on food products, forages, animal by-products, animal health and welfare”;
- Draft law No.2788-d “On amendments to certain legislative acts of Ukraine for financial services in the field of mail service”;
- Draft law No.2680
- Draft law No.2424 “On amendments to the Air Code of Ukraine as to improving the mechanism for levying public dues on every passenger leaving Ukraine and every ton of cargo that arrives or leaves a Ukrainian airport”
- Draft law No.2560 “On amendments to certain laws of Ukraine (as to the determination of investigative jurisdiction for criminal offences pretrial investigation of which is conducted by interrogators of the State Bureau of Investigations)”;
- Draft law No.2458
- Draft law No.2390 “On amendments to the Bankruptcy Code of Ukraine (as to the measures aimed to cover backlog of debts of the wholesale electricity market)”;
- Draft law No.2325 “On amendments to Article 73 of the Labour Code of Ukraine".
Within the period from May 18 through 22, 2020, there have been held twenty-one committee sittings, viz:
- Committee on Agrarian and Land Policy – 27 attendees;
- Committee on Anti-Corruption Policy – 16 attendees;
- Committee on Budget – 29 attendees;
- Committee on Humanitarian and Information Policy – 10 attendees;
- Committee on Economic Development – 15
- Committee on Foreign Affairs and Inter-Parliamentary Cooperation – 12 attendees;
- Committee on Education, Science and Innovations – 12
- Committee on Legal Policy – 22
- Committee on Transport and Infrastructure – 9
There was also held a meeting of the Social Council of Ukraine dedicated to child-related issues in Ukraine. That event was conducted in the run-up to Children’s Day, which is marked on June 1.
Apart from committee members, the meetings in question were also attended by invited persons, including representatives of the ministers and local authorities, as well as civic activists.
During the sittings, they have by and large reviewed 214 items of agenda, both covering alternative draft bills as well as those falling beyond the committee’s line, still subject to its comments.