The draft law No. 5557 proposes to determine the legal and organizational principles of national resistance, the basics of its preparation and conduct, the tasks and powers of the security and defense forces on national resistance.
The bill proposes to define:
- composition, purpose and objectives of national resistance;
- basics of construction, organization and conduct of territorial defense and resistance movement;
- the procedure for the formation and staffing of military units of the Territorial Defense Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, voluntary formations of territorial communities and the resistance movement;
- powers of security and defense forces, state bodies, local governments on issues of national resistance;
- the procedure for preparation, deployment and conduct of territorial defense of Ukraine;
- financing and logistical support of national resistance;
- social and legal protection of persons participating in national resistance;
- responsibility for violations of legislation and other regulations on national resistance.